Summer Internships in La Coruña, Spain
Apply Today for Internships in Spain!
Accepting late Summer 2017 Applications until April 1!
Our Summer Internships in Spain provide a unique opportunity to live and gain professional experience in the beautiful coastal city of La Coruña, Spain! You’ll find yourself fully immersed in the Spanish language and culture as you’ll both live and work with with Spanish speakers daily.
We place participants in an internship which is relevant to their major and in line with their learning objectives. All interns earn academic credit from the Universidade Da Coruña for their internship and may choose from a Spanish language course (intermediate or higher) or Business Spanish to take in addition to their internship during a 5 or 10 week stay over the Summer. Internships are usually Monday-Friday in the morning hours while classes are given Mon-Wednesday in the afternoons. Click Here to Apply Now for Summer Internships in Spain.
Why La Coruña? La Coruña is a breathtaking coastal city in the lush region of Galicia offering beautiful beaches, delicious tapas bars, fresh seafood, and great nightlife! It’s also one of the best cities in Spain to learn Spanish as it allows for complete immersion in the Spanish language. Beyond our group, it’s very unlikely that you’ll run into other Americans or native English speakers. In more popular Spanish cities, there are many English speakers which can make learning Spanish more difficult. If you’re looking for the best place to improve your Spanish while enjoying the lively Spanish life, on a budget, La Coruña is the city to choose. Don’t take it from us, read about what our former students say about our Summer Internships in Spain! Christina from BIOLA and Hans from Loyola Marymount.
We have a variety of Summer Internships in Spain; and, as we add new opportunities, we list them here. If you don’t see an internship of interest listed, email us; and, we will let you know if we can find you a relevant role. intern@LinguisticHorizons.com
Choose to study, intern or do both over a 5 or 10 week stay. Note: Dates are subject to change – please do not purchase your airline tickets until you have been formally accepted into the program.
|Duration||Program Dates*||Program||Application Deadline||Program Fee*|
|June 11-July 15 or
July 16- August 19, 2017
|150 hour internship (3 semester or 4.5 quarter credits) + Spanish course (3 semester or 4.5 quarter credits). Total 6 semester or 9 quarter units||
Late: Late applications are accepted on a space available basis only.
|June 11-August 19, 2017||250-300 hour Internship (6 semester or 9 quarter credits) + Spanish courses for 6 semester credits or 9 quarter units of Spanish. Total of 12 semester or 18 quarter units
Spanish courses during the first 5 weeks session for 6 semester/9 quarter units. 150 hour Internship in the second 5 week session for 3 semester or 4.5 quarter credits plus a Spanish course for 3 semester or 4.5 quarter units. Total of 12 semester/18 quarter units.
- Spanish (all levels)
- Internship (a wide variety of fields available – must have at least lower intermediate/conversational Spanish skills to qualify for the internship)
- Professional Business Spanish (learn how to conduct yourself in a professional manner in Spanish.)
Program Fee Includes:
- Tuition & official transcripts from UDC (6-12 semester credits = 9-18 quarter units depending on Program Option chosen)
- Internship placement, guidance & performance evaluation
- Housing with Spanish speakers
- International medical & accident insurance
- Day trip excursions (e.g. Santiago de Compostela, Islas Cies, etc.)
- Planned Cultural Activities
- 24/7 local emergency contact
- Local Program Director support
- Welcome Orientation
- Pre-departure support & travel tips
- Certificate of course and/or internship completion
Program Fee Does Not Include:
- Airfare – student flight deals are available here
- Transportation to/from class/internship bus fare info here
- Transportation to/from the airport (may take taxi or bus)
- Meals (Meal Plan may be purchased separately)
- (Optional) Extended Stay: You may prolong your stay by arriving early or staying longer for an additional fee.
- (Optional) Travel & Trip-Cancellation insurance
- Age: 18+ (Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Please email info@LinguisticHorizons.com if you are under 18.)
- Must have at least low-intermediate (Level B1) Spanish to start the internship. Students who are close, may do the 10 week program, spending the first 5 weeks studying Spanish. Beginners, may opt for our study Spanish program.
- You must have a valid passport for at least 3 months beyond the planned period of stay to travel to Spain. You also must have a return airline ticket. United States Citizens do not require a visa for stays of less than 90 days. For more important details visit: Spain and Andorra Country Specific Information. It is the responsibility of participants to obtain the correct travel documents.
- Must complete the application process below.
- Airfare: Participants are responsible for making their own flight arrangements. We recommend you plan to arrive 1-2 days before the program start date to allow time to settle in and adjust to the time change. Note: In the unlikely event the program is cancelled, Linguistic Horizons does not accept responsibility for any airfare cancellation fees incurred.
By Application Deadline!
- Complete the application form.
- Complete the DIALANG placement test and submit your results
- Pay the $95 Application Fee
- Email the following to intern@LinguisticHorizons.com:
- A screenshot of your results from the 5 DIALANG tests
- A letter of motivation in Word (.doc or .docx) explaining what type of experience you’d like to gain and why you’d be a valuable candidate.
- Your resume or CV in Word (.doc or .docx) You may use this template if you like.
- Once you’ve completed your application, we will review it. Within two days of submitting your completed application we will let you know if you have been accepted into the program.
- Upon acceptance to move forward with your internship placement, we require a $500 deposit towards the Program Fee. This deposit is non-refundable unless we are unable to secure you an agreeable internship placement.
- Pay Program Fee Choose a Program Fee Payment Plan (as described below). Total program fee is due in full by April 18 2017.
- Email a copy of your passport, flight itinerary, and signed waivers to intern@LinguisticHorizons.com
Should you need any help with the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us: intern@LinguisticHorizons.com
*U.S. Citizens: If you do not have a valid passport already, you must apply for one or renew your old U.S. Passport. This can take up to 3 months for processing and delivery; although, for an additional fee you can request an expedited passport. More info here.
*For citizens of other countries, you should check with your local Spanish Consulate to determine if you are required to obtain a visa. Be sure to allow ample time for visa processing if needed.
Program Fee Payment Plan Options:
Please click here for methods of payment. We are happy to work with you to design a payment plan that works for you. Here are some pre-designed options.
Option 1: Pay the Program Fee in full upon acceptance into the program.
Option 2: Upon acceptance into the program, make a $500 deposit toward the Program Fee. This deposit is non-refundable unless we are unable to secure you an agreeable placement. We can then divide payments into monthly, weekly or bi-weekly payments. The Program Fee must be paid in full two months prior to the program start date.
Option 3: Upon acceptance into the program, make a $500 deposit toward the Program Fee. This deposit is non-refundable unless we are unable to secure you an agreeable placement. Then, make three equal monthly payments towards the program fee February 18, March 18 and April 18.
Option 4: Email us email@example.com and propose a customized alternative payment plan that works for your budget.
Determining Your Language Level
Linguistic Horizons will determine your language level in three phases. First, we will consider any coursework you’ve completed to date. Next, we will consider your DIALANG test results. The DIALANG test will indicate your level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Finally, we will schedule a Skype interview to assess your conversation skills. For applicants who do not have a sufficient language level to begin the internship, we will place you in an appropriate Spanish course to help improve your Spanish before you start the internship.
Apply Now for Summer Internships in Spain