Summer Internships in Spain (La Coruña)
Our Internships in Spain program allows you to gain international experience in your field while simultaneously improving your Spanish through immersion. You will earn up to 12 semester credits over the summer! Apply Now
Our Summer Internships in Spain program provides a unique opportunity to live and gain professional experience in the beautiful coastal city of La Coruña, Spain! You’ll find yourself fully immersed in the Spanish language and culture as you’ll both live and work with Spanish speakers daily.
We place you in an internship which is relevant to your major and learning objectives. All interns earn academic credit from the Universidade Da Coruña for their internships and a Spanish language course (intermediate or higher).
You may choose to stay for 5 or 10 week over the Summer. Internships are usually Monday-Friday in the morning hours and Spanish classes are given Mon-Wednesday in the afternoons.
Click Here to Apply Now for our summer internships in Spain program.
Why La Coruña? La Coruña is a breathtaking coastal city in the lush region of Galicia offering beautiful beaches, delicious tapas bars, fresh seafood, and great nightlife! It’s also one of the best cities in Spain to learn Spanish as it allows for complete immersion in the Spanish language. Beyond our group, it’s very unlikely that you’ll run into other Americans or native English speakers. In more touristy Spanish cities, there are many English speakers which can make learning Spanish more difficult. If you’re looking for the best place to improve your Spanish while enjoying lively Spanish life, on a budget, La Coruña is the city to choose. Don’t take it from us, read about what our former students say about our Summer Internships in Spain! Christina from BIOLA and Hans from Loyola Marymount.
We have a variety of Summer Internships in Spain. For each applicant, we conduct a customized internship search to arrange the most relevant internship placement possible. To give you an idea, a partial list of the available opportunities is available here. If you don’t see an internship of interest listed, contact us; and, we will let you know if we can arrange a relevant role.
Note: Program dates are subject to change. Do not purchase your airline tickets until you have been formally accepted into the program and program dates have been confirmed. *Upon request you may arrive early or depart late according to availability.*
|Duration||Program Dates*||Program Option||Application Deadline||Program Fee*|
|Session 1: June 16-July 20, 2019
Session 2: July 21- August 23, 2019
|Internship & Study Spanish: ~150 hour internship (3 credits) + Spanish course (3 credits). Total units: 6 semester||
Currently accepting late applications for Session 2.
June 16-August 23, 2019
|Internship & Study Spanish: ~250 hour Internship (6 credits) + two Spanish courses (6 credits). Total units: 12 semester
Spanish ramp-up + Internship Spanish courses for the 1st 5 weeks (6 semester units) + 150 hour Internship in the 2nd 5 weeks (3 credits) + Spanish course for 3 units. Total units: 12 semester
- Spanish (all levels)
- Internship (a wide variety of fields available – must have at least lower intermediate/conversational Spanish skills to qualify for the internship)
- Professional Business Spanish (learn how to conduct yourself in a professional manner in Spanish.)
Program Fee Includes:
- Tuition & official transcripts from UDC (6-12 semester credits = 9-18 quarter units = 12-24 ECTS depending on Program Option chosen)
- Internship placement, guidance & performance evaluation
- Housing with Spanish speakers
- International medical & accident insurance
- Day trip excursions (e.g. Santiago de Compostela, Islas Cies, etc.)
- Planned Cultural Activities
- 24/7 local emergency contact
- Local Program Director support
- Welcome Orientation
- Pre-departure support & travel tips
- Certificate of course and/or internship completion
Program Fee Does Not Include:
- Airfare – student flight deals are available here
- Transportation to/from class/internship bus fare info here
- Transportation to/from the airport (may take taxi or bus)
- Meals (Meal Plan may be purchased separately)
- (Optional) Extended Stay: You may prolong your stay by arriving early or staying longer for an additional fee.
- (Optional) Travel & Trip-Cancellation insurance
- Age: 18+ (Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Please email info@LinguisticHorizons.com if you are under 18.)
- Must have at least low-intermediate (Level B1) Spanish to start the internship. Students who are close, may do the 10 week program, spending the first 5 weeks studying Spanish. Beginners, may opt for our study Spanish program.
- You must have a valid passport for at least 3 months beyond the planned period of stay to travel to Spain. You also must have a return airline ticket. United States Citizens do not require a visa for stays of less than 90 days. For more important details visit: Spain and Andorra Country Specific Information. It is the responsibility of participants to obtain the correct travel documents.
- Must complete the application process below.
- Airfare: Participants are responsible for making their own flight arrangements. We recommend you plan to arrive 1-2 days before the program start date to allow time to settle in and adjust to the time change. Note: In the unlikely event the program is cancelled, Linguistic Horizons does not accept responsibility for any airfare cancellation fees incurred.
*U.S. Citizens: If you do not have a valid passport already, you must apply for one or renew your old U.S. Passport. This can take up to 3 months for processing and delivery; although, for an additional fee you can request an expedited passport. More info here.
*For citizens of other countries, you should check with your local Spanish Consulate to determine if you are required to obtain a visa. Be sure to allow ample time for visa processing if needed.
By the application deadline, complete the application process as described here.
- Within 1 week of acceptance into the program, you will be asked to sign our terms and conditions outlining our agreement with you. If you need extra time to decide, please let us know.
- To guarantee your place in the program, you must submit a $500 deposit. This deposit is refundable only as described in our terms and conditions. The due date will be specified in your applicant portal. Note: This deposit is not an extra fee, it will be deducted from your total Program Fee. This deposit is not refundable except under extreme circumstances.
- We will begin working on finalizing the details of your internship placement at this stage. Your placement will be in one of your fields of interest and we will do our best to make the internship placement as close to your desired role as we can. Once we have the complete internship description, we will email it to you.
Program Fee Payments & Participant Supporting Documents
After the deposit has been received, a new section titled “Participant Supporting Documents” will appear to be completed. We will also ask that you choose a program fee plan. Several options are outlined below. Keep in mind that the total program fee is due in full by April 1, 2019 unless alternative payment plan arrangements have been requested and approved.
Program Fee Payment Plan Options
Please click here for methods of payment. We are happy to work with you to design a payment plan that works for you. Here are some pre-designed options.
Option 1: Pay the Program Fee in full upon acceptance into the program.
Option 2: Choose to make equal monthly, biweekly or weekly Program Fee Payments. With the final payment due April 1.
Option 3: Make three equal monthly payments towards the program fee due February 1, March 1 and April 1
Option 4: Email us firstname.lastname@example.org and propose a customized alternative payment plan that works for your budget.