Through our Europe Internships program, we arrange customized internships based on the intern’s learning objectives. We present our candidates in a professional manner appropriate to the local culture, and do the work associated with securing each candidate a customized internship abroad. Additionally, we provide logistical support for our interns. Internships are available in a wide variety of fields.
Europe Internships Destinations
We arrange internships in a variety of cities in the following European countries. You may indicate your preferred cities as part of the internship search criteria.
- Germany, France, Portugal, Italy, UK
Between 4-6 months before desired start date, complete the application process as described here.
The program fee varies by the duration of stay abroad. Scroll down to read what is included, and excluded, in the program fee.
4-8 Week Internship Program Fee: $1,855* 9-11 Week Internship Program Fee: $2,185* 12-21 Week Internship Program Fee: $3,025* 22-26 Week Internship Program Fee: $3,555*
- Must be at least 18 years old
- You must contact the nearest consulate or embassy of the country of destination to inquire about any visa requirements. If you need anything from us to secure the visa, you must communicate that to us before paying us the internship deposit. While we can share information about visa procedures based on our experience, it is important to understand that we are not legal experts. Visa requirments can change and vary. Your best source of visa information is the nearest embassy of your destination country.
- For some countries, you must be currently enrolled as a university student in order to do an internship (e.g. France)
- In other countries, you may be a current student or recent graduate within 1 year of graduation date (e.g. UK).
- In Germany, you must be currently enrolled in university or vocational education. Maximum internship duration is 90 days/ 3 months unless the internship is a university or vocational school requirement.
- The UK requires that interns of non-EEA countries apply for the Tier 5 visa which requires paying for third party visa sponsorship in addition to a visa fee to the UK government.
- Your internship must relate to your field of study
- Knowledge of the local language is recommended but not necessarily required. If you do not speak the language of the country you are applying for; we may be limited in our ability to place you in your ideal role.
Europe Internships Program Fee Includes:
- A professional internship placement customized per the requirments communicated to us in the application process.
- Editing of a professional country specific CV (resume) and cover letter.
- Pre-departure support
- Assistance with travel bookings & student discounts. For discounted student flights see here.
- Assistance with finding housing as needed
- Comprehensive international medical, accident & political evacuation insurance
- Post-internship assistance with highlighting your experience on both your international CV and US-style resume
- Assistance with getting documents completed for home institution credit as necessary
- Supporting you with the visa process as required
Does Not Include:
- Airfare: Click here to search for student discounted fares.
- Spending money for day to day expenses
- Accommodation or meals
- Airport pick-up
- Optional additional travel insurance
- Passport & visa fees (Visa fees may or may not be required. This will depend on your country of citizenship and country of destination).
- Visa sponsorship (When needed. i.e. all non-EEA citizens will need to pay for visa sponsorship for interning in the UK.)
- Intensive foreign language courses according to your level (pricing varies according to city and length of course)
- Prearranged housing (pricing varies depending on city and accommodation type)
- Insurance extension should you decide to travel after or beyond your internship period.
*Note: All USD amounts are subject to change up until the due date based on fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates.
The placement process begins after you’ve completed your application. Please review the placement process here.
Are the Internships paid? Usually not. In very few occasions, a company may offer compensation. 90% of the roles are unpaid. In our search, we do not filter based on compensated versus unpaid internships.
Do I need a visa? This depends on your country of citizenship, destination country and length of stay. If you do need a visa, it is your responsibility to let us know what you need from us to help support you in the visa application process. Ultimately, securing a visa is your responsibility. We recommend contacting the embassy or consulate for your home country in the country of destination to inquire about visa requirements. We can of course share our advice based on experience; however, we are not legal experts and it is always best to consult with the embassy of your country of destination.
What are the typical average housing costs? This varies by destination and housing type. Below are estimated weekly costs in the local currency. Keep in mind some housing options will require a security deposit.:
- Germany & Portugal: 75-200 euros/week
- France: 100-250 euros/ week
- Italy: 85-230 euros/week
- UK: £70-230/ week
What if I don’t speak the language? Having skills in the language of your home destination will definitely help broaden your prospects. In the UK, strong English skills are required. In France, Germany, Portugal and Italy knowing the language is a definite plus but not always required. Some host companies will require that you have some command of the local language but this is not always true. In preparation for your time abroad, we recommend you try audible language lessons with Pimsleur click here to save 25% and free shipping use code SAVENOW.
How can I find housing? There are a number of ways to find housing abroad. We recommend trying Study Abroad Apartments (use Promo Code: LHAbroad to receive a 5% discount) or Airbnb. If you need help, please contact us.
To calculate the currency as compared to yours see here. Keep in mind, foreign currency rates fluctuate.