Nutrition and Natural Medicine in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Peru!
- Winter Break 2019/2020: December 28, 2019-January 11, 2020. Apply by September 10
- Summer 2020: August 4-18, 2020. Apply by February 1.
- Space is limited. Preference is given to those who apply first.
- Customized dates are possible for groups. Contact us to discuss.
Program Fee: $2,795
Peruvian Super Foods * Andean Natural Medicine * Nutrition * Holistic Health * Organic Foods * Vegan Cooking * Peruvian & Andean Cultures * Medicinal Plants * Cleansing * Hiking in the Andes * Aromatherapy
Learn about Holistic Nutrition and Alternative Medicine in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Peru! This program was designed for those interested in gaining a better understanding about food as medicine, plant-based medicine, alternative medicine and nutrition. We will learn from a variety of experts. For example: herbalists, an Andean medicine practitioner, a vegan chef, a nutritionist, Andean guides, and aromatherapists. We take a very hands-on approach to learning through workshops, cooking classes, hikes, and patient treatments.
- Age: 18+ (Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Please email info@LinguisticHorizons.com if you are under 18.)
- Must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your stay abroad. Note: US Citizens do not require a visa for Peru, as you will be traveling as a tourist. If you are a citizen of another country you must check entry requirements for your country. This guide may be used as reference.
- Completion of a travel physical and any recommended vaccinations with doctor’s note release. See information here
- Pre-departure support (packing list, travel tips, what to expect)
- International health & accident insurance
- Welcome orientation & guided intro to the town
- Acclimatization hike
- 24/7 local program coordinator support
- Workshops (Peruvian Super foods, Herbology, Medicinal Plants, Vegan Cooking, Cleansing)* Note: Workshops topics could change though it is unlikely.
- Excursions (Organic Planting, Day hikes identifying medicinal plants and herbs, Market visit to identify super foods)
- Accommodation: Housing (shared room & bathroom) Private room available upon request for an additional fee.
- Meals: Meal Plan with breakfast every day and lunch Monday-Friday
- Airport pick-up & drop-off to/from Cusco airport
- Guided Hikes & Cultural Activities
- Cultural activities
- Guided hikes
- Round-trip flight to Cusco (Student fares are available here). The sooner you book, the cheaper the flight will be!
- Extra travel, additional meals, miscellaneous expenses (beyond those described above)
- Optional add-on trips to Machu Picchu, Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Nazca Lines, Puerto Maldonado, Lima, Puno, Lake Titicaca, & Bolivia available upon request.
- Traveler’s insurance (optional).
By the application deadline listed above, complete the application process as described here.
1) Upon receipt of the acceptance email, the signed terms and conditions document is due within 7 days of acceptance. Then, the Program Fee deposit of $500 is due. Make your deposit as soon as possible to secure your placement, as space is limited. Note: This deposit is not an extra fee, it will be deducted from your total Program Fee. This deposit is not refundable except under extreme circumstances.
2) 2 months before the program starts, pay program fee balance. Payment plans are available upon request.
3) 1 month prior to program start date, email a copy of your flight itinerary, a scanned copy of your passport, medical release “doctor’s note” from a doctor that you have had a travel physical and vaccination consultation to: info@LinguisticHorizons.com