Internships in Peru – Sacred Valley of the Incas!
- Intern in your field
- Visit Machu Picchu & Cusco
- Live in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Visit High Andean communities
- Hike in the Andes
- Gain valuable international experience
- Improve your Spanish
- Learn about the Peruvian Culture
- Enhance your resume
Duration, Dates & Program Fee:
We hold regular group trips according to the US Academic Calendar during Summer, Winter Break and the Academic Year for our internships in Peru. You may also request customized dates by emailing us: intern@LinguisticHorizons.com
Program Fee (USD)
|Custom||Contact us for a customized quote for other durations or a group.|
|June, July, August||February 1|
|Custom||Contact us for special date requests.|
Participants will gain valuable international experience while helping Peruvian organizations reach their goals. Our interns have the unique opportunity to experience authentic Peruvian life and work directly with the local people in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
We are based in the town of Urubamba, Peru. Based on your learning objectives, your university requirements, and the local host organization’s goals, we design a customized internship or volunteer experience for you in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
We custom design projects, for all majors. Scroll to the bottom for a few ideas on how you could contribute to one of our partner organizations’ efforts while learning from a professional mentor in your field. We will also consider project proposals for project areas not listed here.
- Age: 18+ (Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Please email email@example.com if you are under 18.)
- Must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your stay abroad. Note: US Citizens do not require a visa for Peru, as you will be traveling as a tourist. If you are a citizen of another country you should check entry requirements for your country. This guide may be used as reference.
- Completion of a travel physical and any recommended vaccinations with doctor’s note release.
- Pre-departure support
- International Health & Accident Insurance
- Welcome orientation on-site
- Welcome acclimatization hike
- 24/7 local emergency contact & program coordinator
- Customized Internship
- Guidance by a professional mentor in your field (as available).
- Project assignments designed to both meet your learning objectives and support the local community and organization’s goals.
- Letter of Recommendation (Provided based on performance.)
- Internship Evaluation Report (Upon request.)
- Resume review (Feedback and tips on how to present your internship on your resume.)
- Accommodation: Housing (shared room & bathroom). Private room may be available upon request for an additional fee.
- Meals: Meal Plan with 2 meals/day (except on departure, arrival & free travel weekend days.)
- Airport pick-up & drop-off to/from Cusco airport
- Transportation expenses within the Sacred Valley and to/from Cusco (as required for your internship)
- Day Trips & Cultural Activities
- Cultural activities
- Guided hikes and/or visits to nearby indigenous communities
- Round-trip flight to Cusco (Student fares are available here). The sooner you book, the cheaper the flight will be!
- Extra travel, extra meals on free days, miscellaneous expenses (beyond those described above)
- Spanish or Quechua classes during, before or after the internship available for an additional charge upon request.
- Trip to Machu Picchu. Participants may purchase the Visit Machu Picchu package for $275 upon request. This includes: round-trip transportation to train station, round-trip train ticket, bus to archaeological site, guide, Machu Picchu entrance & Huayna Picchu entrance if available.
- Optional add-on trips to Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Nazca Lines, Puerto Maldonado, Lima, Puno, Lake Titicaca, & Bolivia available upon request.
- Traveler’s insurance (optional).
By the application deadline indicated above, please follow the application process as described here.
1) Within 1 week of receipt of the acceptance email, pay your 1st Program Fee payment of $1,000 to secure your placement, as space is limited. Note: This deposit is not an extra fee, it will be deducted from your total Program Fee. This deposit is not refundable except under extreme circumstances.
2) Make equal monthly, weekly or biweekly Program Fee payments until the month before departure
3) Make Final Program Fee Payment (Remaining Balance) due 1 month prior to departure.
4) At least 1 month before program start date, email a copy of your flight itinerary, a scanned copy of your passport, a clear picture of your face, medical release or standard doctor’s note from your doctor or a travel clinic, and signed waivers to: intern@LinguisticHorizons.com
Potential Projects/Internships in Peru:
There are a number of ways you can contribute while gaining valuable experience in Peru. The table below includes a few project areas you could choose to focus on. A list of defined roles are also available here. If you have questions about whether this program is right for you, please don’t hesitate to email us at intern@LinguisticHorizons.com.
You may also join our Facebook Group to ask questions directly and interact with Linguistic Horizons, current, past and potential participants!
Internships in Peru:
|Suggested Majors||Project Areas|
|Agriculture, Plant Biology, Ecology, Environmental Horticulture, Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems, Nutrition, Alternative Medicine||
|Architecture, Design, Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Sustainable Environmental Design, Archaeology, Mechanical Engineering||
|Business, Entrepreneurship, Community Development, Computer Science, Social Entrepreneurship, Marketing, International Business, Management, Information Technology (IT), Spanish, Public Policy||
|Education, Anthropology, Communications, Special Education, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Spanish, Human Development, Mental Health, English||
|Environmental Awareness & Conservation, Environmental Studies, Botany, Biology, Ecological Management & Restoration||
|Fashion Design, Women’s Studies, Textiles & Clothing||
|Zoology, Veterinary, Animal Biology, Animal Science, Wildlife & Conservation Biology||
|Global Health, Alternative Medicine, Public Health, Nursing, Pre-Med, Medical, Nutrition, Physical Therapy, Kinesiology, Psychology||
|Public Relations, Visual Arts, Communications, Journalism, Cinematography, Theater Arts, Film Studies, Photography, Web Design, Graphic Design, Journalism, Spanish, History||
|Social Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Archaeology, History, Latin American Studies, Spanish, Women’s Studies, Community & Regional Development||
|Sustainable & Responsible Tourism, Museum Studies, Hospitality & Tourism Management, Spanish, Recreation, Kinesiology||
Please email us at intern@LinguisticHorizons.com if you require more information about our internships in Peru.