Internships in New Zealand
Professional internships in New Zealand available in a variety of industries! Length of stay is flexible from 3 weeks to 1 year. Immerse yourself in a foreign culture, and explore one of the most beautiful countries on Earth while gaining valuable international internship experience!
We are constantly adding new internships in New Zealand in the following industries:
Advertising & Communication * Finance & Accounting * Politics & Community * Architecture * Hospitality * Research & Health * Public Health * Business, Marketing & Sales * Human Resources (HR) *Retail & Fashion * Design * Information Technology (IT) * Science & Biology * Education & Teaching * Journalism & Public Relations * Social Work * Engineering * Law & Legal * Sports * Environmental & Animal * Logistics * Tourism & Travel* Events & Facility * Music * Art * Photography
- Age: 18-30
- Hold a passport, from a country eligible for the New Zealand Working Holiday Visa, valid for at least 6 months beyond your stay
- Obtain a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa
- Have at least a conversational level of English
- Carry Health & Accident Insurance for full duration of stay (Up to 3 months of coverage are already Included in Program Fee)
Program Fee Includes:
- Personally tailored internship placement
- Health & accident insurance (Up to 3 months coverage included, longer stays will require additional fee.)
- Orientation upon arrival (in Auckland)
- Visa assistance
- Help with finding accommodation
- Airport transport information
- Help-desk support throughout the internship
- Advice, Tips & Packing List
- New Zealand & Australia Travel Discounts
- Certificate of Participation (upon request)
- Organized Social Activities, Trips & Events
- Welcome package – including cell phone SIM card
Program Fee Does NOT Include:
- Living & accommodation expenses
- Flights & travel expenses (discounts available)
- Visa fees
- For stays longer than 3 months: additional health & accident Insurance must be purchased. Coverage is REQUIRED and maybe extended through our insurance provider.
Program Fee: $1,950* (USD)
1) At least 3 months before your desired start date, email your resume (in .doc or .docx), cover letter (in .doc or .docx), & picture (professional style – think LinkedIn profile photo) to intern@LinguisticHorizons.com with subject “Your Name: Internship in New Zealand.”
2) In the body of your email, describe the type of internship you are looking for, your requested start date and length of internship. If you need credit from you home university/institution, please detail those requirements as well. If you would like to spend extra time in New Zealand or Australia for travel time, please indicate that.
3) Fill out the online application form below.
4) Upon review of your application, we will reply to schedule a Skype or phone interview to discuss your candidacy and answer any questions you may have.
5) In order to move forward with placement, we will require a $500 USD deposit. This allows us to start working on your placement with the confidence that you are a serious applicant. This deposit is deducted from your Program Fee balance once a placement is secured. Please also submit the signed internship agreement.
6) We will find you a potential placement(s) and schedule a Skype interview for you with the host company.
7) If after the interview, both you and the host company are satisfied with the match, we will create an internship agreement to formalize the offer. Once a placement is secured, you will pay the remaining Program Fee balance of $1,450 USD.
Feel free to email us at intern@LinguisticHorizons.com with any questions you may have!