Nutrition & Natural Medicine: Sacred Valley of the Incas, PERU!
Accepting Summer 2017 applications until April 1st. Now accepting Winter 2017 applications
Program Dates: July 22-August 5, 2017 (Apply by April 1) & Winter Break 2017/2018 December 27-January 7 (Apply by Sept. 1) Custom Dates may be available upon request
Program Fee: $2,695 ~ Apply Now
Peruvian Superfoods * Andean Natural Medicine * Nutrition * Holistic Health care * Organic Farming * Vegan Cooking * Peruvian & Andean Cultures * Medicinal Plants * Cleansing
Learn about Holistic Nutrition & Natural Medicine in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Peru. This program was designed for those interested in gaining a better understanding about food as medicine, plant based medicine, and nutrition. We will learn from a variety of experts including a local herbalist, an Andean medicine practitioner, a vegan chef, a nutritionist, Andean guides, and organic farming specialists. We take a very hands-on approach to learning through workshops, cooking classes, hikes, patient treatments, and gardening.
- Age: 18+ (Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Please email info@LinguisticHorizons.com if you are under 18.)
- Must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your stay abroad. Note: US Citizens do not require a visa for Peru, as you will be traveling as a tourist. If you are a citizen of another country you must check entry requirements for your country. This guide may be used as reference.
- Completion of a travel physical and any recommended vaccinations with doctor’s note release. See information here
- Pre-departure support (packing list, travel tips, what to expect)
- International health & accident insurance
- Welcome orientation & Guided intro to Urubamba
- Acclimatization hike
- 24/7 local program coordinator support
- Workshops (Peruvian Superfoods, Herbology, Medicinal Plants, Vegan Cooking, Cleansing)* Note: Workshops topics could change though it is unlikely.
- Excursions (Organic Planting, Day hikes identifying medicinal plants and herbs, Market visit to identify superfoods)
- Accommodation: Housing (shared room & bathroom) Private room available upon request for an additional fee.
- Meals: Meal Plan with 2 meals/day (except on departure and arrival days)
- Airport pick-up & drop-off to/from Cusco airport
- ISIC Student Discount Card (valid for discounts around the world for a full year, only for current students)
- Guided Hikes & Cultural Activities
- Cultural activities
- Guided hikes to indigenous communities
- Round-trip flight to Cusco (Student fares are available here). The sooner you book, the cheaper the flight will be!
- Extra travel, additional meals, miscellaneous expenses (beyond those described above)
- Optional add-on trips to Machu Picchu, Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Nazca Lines, Puerto Maldonado, Lima, Puno, Lake Titicaca, & Bolivia available upon request.
- Traveler’s insurance (optional).
2) Pay the $95 application fee with application.
At this point, we will review your application; and, if selected, we will verify your acceptance with an email. Note: your application fee is refundable only in the case that you are not accepted.
3) Upon receipt of the acceptance email, Program Fee deposit of $500 is due. Make your deposit as soon as possible to secure your placement, as space is limited. Note: This deposit is not an extra fee, it will be deducted from your total Program Fee. This deposit is not refundable except under extreme circumstances.
4) 2 months before the program starts, pay program fee balance. Payment plans are available upon request.
5) 1 month prior to program start date, email a copy of your flight itinerary, a scanned copy of your passport, most recent grades if you are a student, a picture to be used for your student discount card, medical release “doctor’s note” from a doctor that you have had a travel physical and checked that you have the proper vaccinations, and signed waivers to: info@LinguisticHorizons.com