“The opportunities that were presented to the students in the program are not things that you can find anywhere else, it was truly a once in a lifetime experience.”
Taylor Calbert – Georgia College
Nutrition & Natural Medicine in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Peru!
Peruvian Super Foods * Andean Natural Medicine * Nutrition * Holistic Health * Organic Foods * Vegan Cooking * Peruvian & Andean Cultures * Medicinal Plants * Cleansing * Hiking in the Andes * Aromatherapy
- Winter Break 2023/2024: January 2-15, 2024
- Application deadline passed
- May 2024: May 12-25, 2024
- Apply by December 1, 2023*
- Summer 2024: July 1-14, 2024
- Apply by February 1, 2024*
- Winter Break 2024/2025: Dates TBA
- Apply by September 15, 2024*
- Customized dates are possible for groups. Contact us to discuss.
- The program is 2 weeks long; and, you have the option to extend your stay by adding a customized internship or volunteer experience. Another option to extend your stay is through multi-day treks, hiking, or other tourist packages to explore more of Peru.
- *Space is limited. Preference is given to those who apply first.
Learn about holistic nutrition and alternative medicine in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Peru! This program was designed for those interested in gaining a better understanding about holistic health, food as medicine, plant-based medicine, natural medicine and nutrition. Participants learn from a variety of experts (i.e. herbalists, Andean medicine practitioners, vegan chefs, nutritionists, Andean guides, and aromatherapists). We take a very hands-on approach to learning through workshops, cooking classes, plant identification hikes, and patient treatments.
Program Fee: $2,995
- Age: 18+ (Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Please email info@LinguisticHorizons.com if you are under 18.)
- Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your stay abroad. Note: US Citizens do not require a visa for Peru, as you will be traveling as a tourist. If you are a citizen of another country, you must check entry requirements for your country. This guide may be used as reference.
- Completion of a travel physical with doctor’s note release.
- Pre-departure support (pre-departure orientation, packing list, travel tips, what to expect, assistance finding flights, etc.)
- International health & accident insurance
- Airport transportation to/from Cusco airport
- Welcome orientation & guided tour of the town
- Acclimatization hike
- 24/7 local program coordinator support
- Workshops (Peruvian Superfoods, Herbology, Medicinal Plants, Vegan Cooking, Cleansing)* Note: Workshops topics may be subject to change.
- Excursions (Organic Planting, Day hikes identifying medicinal plants and herbs, Market visit to identify super foods) Note: Excursions may be subject to change.
- Accommodation: Housing (shared room & bathroom). Private room available upon request and for an additional fee.
- Meals: Meal plan with breakfast 7 days per week and lunch or dinner included Monday-Friday
- Guided Hikes & Cultural Activities
- Cultural activities
- Guided hikes
- Round-trip flight to Cusco (Student fares are available here).
- Extra travel, additional meals, miscellaneous expenses (beyond those described above)
- Optional add-on trips to Machu Picchu, Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Nazca Lines, Puerto Maldonado, Lima, Puno, Lake Titicaca, Bolivia, and more available upon request.
- Traveler’s insurance (optional).
1) Upon receipt of the acceptance email, the signed terms and conditions document is due within 7 days of acceptance. Then, the Program Fee deposit of $1,000 is due. Make your deposit as soon as possible to secure your placement, as space is limited. Note: This deposit is not an extra fee; it will be deducted from your total Program Fee. This deposit is not refundable except under extreme circumstances as outlined in the terms and conditions.
2) 2 months before the program starts, pay program fee balance. Payment plans are available upon request.
3) At least 1 month prior to program start date, complete all participant supporting documents and upload them to the application portal. This includes: a copy of your flight itinerary, a scanned copy of your passport, medical release “doctor’s note” from a doctor that you have had a travel physical and vaccination consultation and are physically and mentally fit to participate.