Intern in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Intern in your field
- Experience Machu Picchu & Cusco
- Live in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Hike in the Andes
- Gain valuable international experience
- Improve your Spanish
- Learn about the Peruvian Culture
- Enhance your resume
- Broaden your horizons!
Duration, Dates & Program Fee
We hold regular group trips according to the US Academic Calendar during Summer, Winter Break and the Academic Year for our internships in Peru. You may also request customized dates by emailing us: intern@LinguisticHorizons.com
|Program Start Date||Application Deadline|
|December or January: ***Winter Break***||September 15, 2021|
|May, June, July, August: ***Summer***||Accepting late applications for Summer 2021. Summer 2022 deadline will be February 1, 2022|
|Custom||Contact us for special date requests.|
Internships in Peru – Program Description
Our interns have the unique opportunity to experience authentic Peruvian life and work directly with the local people in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Based on your learning objectives, your university requirements, and the local host organization’s goals, we design a customized voluntary internship or volunteer experience for you in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
We custom design internship projects, for all majors. Scroll to the bottom for ideas on potential project areas.
|Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|Custom||Contact us for a customized quote for another duration or a group.|
Internship in Peru: Requirements
- Age: 18+ (Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are under 18.)
- Must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your stay abroad. Note: US Citizens do not require a visa for Peru, as you will be traveling as a tourist. If you are a citizen of another country you should check entry requirements for your country. This guide may be used as reference.
- Completion of a travel physical with doctor’s note release.
- Pre-departure support
- International Health & Accident Insurance
- Welcome orientation on-site
- Welcome acclimatization hike
- 24/7 local emergency contact & program coordinator
- Customized Internship
- Guidance by a professional mentor in your field (as available).
- Project assignments designed to meet your learning objectives and support the local organization’s goals.
- Letter of Recommendation (Provided based on performance.)
- Internship Evaluation Report (Upon request.)
- Resume review (Feedback and tips on how to present your internship on your resume.)
- Accommodation: Housing (shared room & bathroom). Private room may be available upon request for an additional fee.
- Meals: Meal Plan with breakfast everyday and lunch or dinner from Monday to Friday (except on departure, arrival & free travel weekend days.)
- Airport pick-up & drop-off to/from Cusco airport
- Transportation expenses within the Sacred Valley and to/from Cusco (as required for your internship)
- Day Trips & Cultural Activities
- Cultural activities
- Guided hikes
- Round-trip flight to Cusco (Student fares are available here). The sooner you book, the cheaper the flight will be!
- Extra travel, extra meals on free days, miscellaneous expenses (beyond those described above)
- Spanish or Quechua classes available for an additional charge upon request.
- Trip to Machu Picchu. Participants may purchase the Visit Machu Picchu package upon request. This includes: round-trip transportation to train station, round-trip train ticket, bus to archaeological site, guide, Machu Picchu entrance & Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain entrance if available at time of booking.
- Optional add-on trips to Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Nazca Lines, Puerto Maldonado, Lima, Puno, Lake Titicaca, or multi-day treks, available upon request.
- Traveler’s insurance (optional).
By the application deadline indicated above, please follow the application process as described here.
1) Within 1 week of receipt of the acceptance email, we will ask for your signed and initial Terms & Conditions agreement and your 1st Program Fee payment of $1,000 to secure your placement, as space is limited. Note: This deposit is not an extra fee, it will be deducted from your total Program Fee. This deposit is not refundable except under extreme circumstances.
2) At this stage we begin working on your customized internship placement. This involves a lot of on the ground coordination and can take as little as one week or up to several months. We make best efforts to arrange the closest fitting internship based on your application. Scroll down to read more about some of the internship ideas available.
3) Make equal monthly, weekly or biweekly Program Fee payments until the month before departure
4) Make Final Program Fee Payment (Remaining Balance) due 2 months prior to departure.
5) We will need your supporting documents as described in your applicant portal.
Internships in Peru: Potential Projects
There are many ways you can contribute while gaining valuable experience through your internship in Peru. The table below includes a few project areas you could focus on. A list of some of the previously defined roles are also available here. If you have questions about whether this program is right for you, please don’t hesitate to email us at intern@LinguisticHorizons.com.
Additionally, you may join our Facebook Group to ask questions directly and interact with Linguistic Horizons, current, past and potential participants!
Internships in Peru
|Suggested Majors||Project Areas|
|Agriculture, Plant Biology, Ecology, Environmental Horticulture, Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems, Nutrition, Alternative Medicine||
|Architecture, Design, Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Sustainable Environmental Design, Archaeology||
|Business, Entrepreneurship, Community Development, Computer Science, Social Entrepreneurship, Marketing, International Business, Management, Information Technology (IT), Spanish, Public Policy||
|Education, Anthropology, Communications, Special Education, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Spanish, Human Development, Mental Health, English||
|Environmental Awareness & Conservation, Environmental Studies, Botany, Biology, Ecological Management & Restoration||
|Fashion Design, Women’s Studies, Textiles & Clothing||
|Global Health, Alternative Medicine, Public Health, Nursing, Pre-Med, Medical, Nutrition, Physical Therapy, Kinesiology, Psychology||
|Public Relations, Visual Arts, Communications, Journalism, Cinematography, Theater Arts, Film Studies, Photography, Web Design, Graphic Design, Journalism, Spanish, History||
|Social Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Archaeology, History, Latin American Studies, Spanish, Women’s Studies, Community & Regional Development||
|Sustainable & Responsible Tourism, Museum Studies, Hospitality & Tourism Management, Spanish, Recreation, Kinesiology||