Internship Placement Process for Europe Internships and New Zealand Internships:
Once you receive your acceptance email, the placement process begins. Placements work as follows:
- Within 1 week of acceptance into the program, you will be asked to sign our terms and conditions outlining our agreement with you and upload it to the applicant portal. If you need extra time to decide, please let us know.
- To guarantee your place in the program, you must submit a $500, $700 or $1,000 deposit. The deposit amount varies by program. This deposit is refundable only as described in our terms and conditions. The due date and deposit amount will be specified in your applicant portal. Note: This deposit is not an extra fee, it will be deducted from your total Program Fee. This deposit is not refundable except under extreme circumstances.
- Once we’ve received the deposit and the signed terms and conditions, we will begin working directly with our partner companies to secure your customized placement in line with your requirements. You might be invited to interview for one or more potential host organizations during this stage via Skype or phone.
- Once an internship placement fitting your requirements has been secured, we will notify you via email. This usually takes 6-8 weeks from the date you have submitted both your deposit and internship agreement.
- If necessary, you will need to start applying for your visa at this stage. The need for a visa depends on your country of citizenship, destination country and duration of stay abroad. The best source for visa information is the nearest consulate or embassy of your destination country. For guidance, see the visa information by destination below:
- UK: You will start your application for a Temporary work GAE (Government Authorised Exchange) visa sponsorship. This requires paying for third party visa sponsorship (up to 6 months stay $875 USD, or 6-12 month stay $1075USD) in addition to a visa fee to the UK government (£259 GBP). Note that additional documents will be required for the visa beyond those described here. Processing time is approximately 3-5 weeks for the visa after the visa sponsorship has been attained. It takes 10-15 days to get the visa sponsorship letter.
- New Zealand: You must apply for the Working Holiday Visa.
- Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Portugal: The requirement for a visa depends on your nationality and duration of stay. All non-EEA citizens staying longer than 90 days will require a visa. Nationals of some countries require a visa for stays less than 90 days.
- At this stage, we will ask you to submit the final program fee payment and the participant supporting documents. Your applicant portal will be updated with the remaining required supporting documents. Supporting documents and program fee payment balance required vary by program.
- Then, we will send you the details of your internship placement in writing.
NOTE: The process may have delays or unexpected new steps due to the constantly changing COVID regulations.